Monday, April 12, 2010

I've been to hell and it has a name.

I worked for a few hours toward my loremaster achievement this weekend.  I do a little bit here and there when I have some time.  I did not raid this weekend, so decided that I would squeeze a few quests in.  I have decided that Azshara is hell in WoW.  It serves no purpose other then making you go all over the place for no other reason then to torture you.  I can not tell you the number of times I got lost trying to get up or down from the mountains.  Needless to say, I am getting better at it. 

When I had to go there for a quest this weekend I went right where I needed to go, got down quickly being I knew how to get down and got around no problem because I knew how to get around.  Being I knew where to go and how to get their this time around it was easier.  It was however still a 45 minute quest.  Not to mention the time needed to get there and back from there to turn in the quest which means that over 1 hour was spent for a quest to the middle of nowhere.

This area, if none other, is the reason why flying is needed in the old world.  Area's like that are beautiful without doubt but they are useless and questing there is like pulling teeth.  Mostly painful even if it is needed.  I am glad it is getting a huge make over in cataclysm.  It needed it more then any one area in the old world.

No comments:

Post a Comment