Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ethereal Portal

I want the Ethereal Portal and it can really be a game changing item, even if only in a minor sense.  In a way I find it both good and bad.  While having a second hearthstone is a fantastic idea if it does not share the same cooldown as the normal one it is another step in the direction of selling gear which is sad.  Having a second hearthstone is not game breaking in any way but it sure would make my life so much easier every once in a while when I wish I had a shorter cooldown and if it is a decent price on e-bay I will surely buy one.

I often check e-bay to see if they have any of the loot cards for sale cheap.  99.9% of the time they are all hugely over priced, everyone once in a while one appears that I consider for a while but I never end up buying it.  I would love to get the mounts, even more so the bear ones.  I love bear mounts as ground mounts.  I will also be keeping an eye out for the Blazing Hippogryph and hope it does not hold a price tag like the other ones out there being I love Hippogryphs.  I have the other two in game and will make sure I get the Blazing one as well.  I won't say "no matter the cost" but I would surely be willing to pay more for that then I would for any other mount.

Makes me wonder even more so after seeing those are coming out soon why everyone has gotten their panties in a bunch over the Steed mount.  Blizzard has been selling mounts for many years now in the form of cards.  The only difference is the Steed was affordable and easily accessible so everyone could get it whereas the cards were rare and would cost you and arm and a leg to get.  I'll tell you one thing for sure, if the Hippogryph was $25 I would have it instantly, same goes for the spectral tiger, the rocket, the magic rooster and all those other extremely expensive mounts that are out in cards.  Maybe Blizzard should just release them for $25 each.  I am sure Blizzard made more off of selling the Steed in one day then they ever made in all the years and all the card sets combined.

Either way, I had never heard of the Portal coming out before I noticed it today but after seeing that I am genuinely intrigued by the idea and if the card is cheap enough (read under $50) I will surely buy it on e-bay or my local hobby shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment