Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday Random Thoughts

- Did you ever get the feeling that everything seems a little backwards with how they released this this expansion?

- DS was the easiest raid and it was released last.

- Shouldn't the easiest raid have been released first and then the difficultly built up as the expansion went on?

- I think cataclysm could have had so much more potential if it where not done so ass backwards.

- The beginning dungeons are still hard for some "less than skilled" players.

- I do them from time to time for fun.

- It is amazing getting into a group with everyone 390+ item level and they still can't do them.

- Yes, seriously.

- And these where our first dungeons folks.

- If people are still having problems at 390 item level think back and remember what they where like at 329 item level.

- With skilled players anything is easier but with the average players being more functionally challenged than a fish out of water they where downright hell.

- At least the 390 item level can make them bearable.

- Those dungeons should have been the end game dungeons and the HoTs should have been the starter dungeons.

- Again with the ass backwards design.

- We went into an HoT the other day with the tank and two DPS that had to fake their way in.

- Heck, they needed to fake their way into heroics.

- They where still wearing greens.

- It was no problem.

- That is how the starter dungeons should have been.

- But it was a full guild group, so it is not like it was random people.

- Of course that makes it easier.

- I have seen some horrible wipes in the HoTs too, but not nearly 1/10th of those in the originals and not nearly 1/100th of the zuls.

- Speaking of the zuls, the patch they added them in almost killed the game.

- For me at least.

- They should have remade the two zuls into updated raids, not dungeons.

- And they should have also added three to five supporting 5 mans, which could have used the same maps, that could have lead up to the raids being redesigned.

- It would have meant not only more content, but it would have left the raids as raids, which is what they should have always been.

- Again ass backwards making raids into dungeons.

- The dungeons should have been released as the HoTs first, the originals second and the zuls last.

- I think I even get a headache typing the world zul now.

- Those dungeons give me nightmares.

- How about those 6K DPS types that say, hey, lets do a bear run.

- Hey, why don't you learn to play first.

- And if you happened to carry his sorry ass through a bear run because everyone else was awesome, he would win.

- Sometimes you have to think that there are GMs in the background watching this and they awarded it to the bad player just to see others fume.

- I could imagine the GMs all on lunch break telling their stories about how they screwed with people and them all laughing their asses off.

- I know if I where a GM I would be laughing my ass off.

- It is like whenever someone in a group says I hope {random item} drops it will never drop.

- Yet if no one says anything that item always drops at a near 100% drop rate.

- Makes you think it is some GM is watching and screwing with people and laughing their asses off.

- Yes, I know that does not happen but you know what?

- I am having a fun time just thinking about it, it is making me laugh.

- If they ever did it, I could imagine how much they would laugh if only thinking about it can make me laugh.

- Back to raids.

- I think BWD should have been the last raid.

- With a few more bosses squeezed in of course.

- It was without a doubt, in my opinion, the best raid of this entire expansion.

- It is also the only raid this expansion that I would place firmly into the "good" category.

- Another thing I found funny about this expansion was with the homogenization of the classes I've actually felt as if it was more "bring the class" and less "bring the player".

- I thought the intention of homogenization was to bring the player.

- Those dungeons, at 329 item level, half the people faking even that, with no CC when the game first came out?

- I still have nightmares.

- You needed CC classes.

- Any dungeon, at 329, even with less skilled players, give them 2 hunters and a mage and it was a joke.

- Bring the class... not the player.

- Definitely not working as intended.

- This expansion was all about class stacking, even at the lowest possible levels, dungeons.

- This expansion was all about bring the class.

- Ass backwards, once again.

- Ass backwards, seems to be the motto of today's random thoughts.

- Have a day good.

- I would have said have a good day but I am trying to keep things ass backwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment