Monday, December 19, 2011

Monday Random Thoughts

- My thoughts are all over the place this morning.

- Was tanking on my paladin when I noticed that next to my holy power it shows how much time I have left on my consecration.

- I can't believe I never noticed that before.

- Decided to work on my baby hunter some.

- Got the thrall chain quest back, the 359 jp boots, boe 378 bracers I got from the new heroics and a 333 gun I still had from when I leveled engineering but never sold.

- Everything else was green.  Trinkets where 289 and 272.

- Still had to fake my way into heroics.

- Did every heroic once.

- They gave them to me all in order. 

- Wasn't that nice of them.

- Only got 2 drops in the whole set of runs.

- Both from the last dungeon.

- Now I can actually get into heroics without cheating.

- Was doing 16K-18K on AoE trash, 12K-14K on bosses.

- Guild group, so no 15% buff.

- One guild member said it is because I am so used to hunters.

- True, but it is also because hunters are awesome right out of the box.

- They just scale like crap with gear.

- I could do 14K boss DPS with a 303 item level, no other class can do that.

- That is not me knowing the class, that is a class being really good to start out with.

- Doing randoms on my tank I had a hunter with nearly all 384 or higher doing 15K, with the 15% buff.

- Okay, maybe some skill is involved.

- Not sure how it is possible to do basically the same DPS in 384 gear with a 15% buff as in 303 gear with no buff.

- That is the skill factor my guild mate was talking about I guess.

- Had a druid tank in one of my dungeons that was tanking as a night elf.

- Yeap, you heard that right.

- Never switched into bear form.

- He did fantastic, never lost threat, you would never know the difference really.

- He even had all his bear abilities.

- He charged in, used enrage before going, swiped, mauled, lacerated, etc.

- I play a bear, I know all the imagery of those abilities, the night elf did all of those.

- He was using all the bear abilities while not being a bear.

- Ah... how?

- Decided to dust off the old priest and see how she is doing lately.

- Checked her gear out with reforgantor (a good addon if you ask me) and it told me to reforge all my spirit off my gear.

- Okay, I will try it, what is the worse that can happen.

- Lets make sure I get a guild group just in case.

- Wiping with friends can be fun, wiping with people I do not know makes me feel bad.

- Okay, I need to drink after almost every pull now but it seems like my spells have a little more gusto then they did when I last used her.

- BTW, the last time I used her for anything regularly was T11.

- Did a few firelands trash runs with her but nothing major.

- She only had a 360 item level because T11 was her last raiding and she only had 2 378 pieces.

- Did the three new dungeons and am up to a 368 item level.

- Have to love getting all those fresh drops and good quest rewards that first time through.

- Got the group the Moonguard achievement as well going through there.

- Threat plates (another can't live without it addon) and fade made getting the group this one easy.

- The group having some nice AoE helps too.  A mage with arcane explosion speced works wonders.

- I cast levitate on myself at the beginning and said, I'm not falling.

- No one expected to get it, somehow the healer always ends up getting hit by a stray hit here or there.

- I just watched the plates, only cast when someone else had full solid aggro.  Hit fade when new mobs where coming in, and kept moving so the mobs that did like my little healers butt had to walk through someone elses AoE to get to me.

- Easy peasy.

- Had some issues with azshara however.  Never had issues on my shaman.

- We wiped three times.

- Oh well, we all have our strengths and our weaknesses.

- Not sure my priest is in any better position then when I left her on the shelf in T11 because she lacked the healing power but it was not as bad as I would have expected it being so dusty with her.

- Having a guild group helps tons too.

- Just because I did good with them does not mean I would do as well with a pug.

- Pug groups are a horse of a different color.

- You can do a run 1000 times with guild and never have any issues and then do it with a pug and it turns into a complete wipefest.

- I guess like the hunter thing, it is another thing that comes down to skill factor.

- Both mine and theirs.

- At the moment I feel very confident on my shaman that I can compensate for a somewhat bad group and we can be fine.

- I do not feel comfortable with my priest nor do I think my priest has the gusto to handle random people getting into avoidable trouble.

- Their skill, or lack thereof, would effective change my level of skill.

- At least that is the way it would look from the outside looking in.

- You see a healer breezing through a dungeon, no one even coming close to death, and think that is a good healer.

- You see a healer having people drop left and right, losing the tank and wipes coming one after another and they look like a horrible healer.

- The healer is the same healer.  The people around the healer are what makes the healer look good or bad.

- I forgot to do my randoms on one of my tanks this week, I am going to have to get to it.

- I got 500 because I tanked the guild run on wednesday but that is all I did this week.

- I'll knock out the raid finder tonight for the rest maybe.

- I fear the 5th boss in the raid finder as a tank.

- I know what you are going to say, raid finder is super easy, but with no communication on who stays in and who goes out for taunt switching means a wipe, even in the raid finder.

- I've seen it while healing and DPSing.

- So far I've been lucky, I've never had to tank it in LFR, I always come in on the 6th boss for some reason.

- I fear it because the other tank being a bad player can easily make me look like a bad player.

- In any raid the two tanks are as one.  If one sucks, they both suck.

- When two tanks, without voice chat, can do something like that without a word and pick up on what the other is doing and what they need to do and do just fine you can tell both tanks have a clue.

- If the other tank does not have a clue then you can effectively wipe the group when it is not your fault, it is the fault of the second tank for not taking aggro.

- Does anyone know any hints on the 5th boss to help when you are with a clueless other tank in raid finder?

- I am sure, being it is the watered down raid finder, that there has to be a way to solo tank it.

- Heck, even in the real raid on normal you can solo tank 6 of the 8 bosses I believe. 

- Mind you, I've only solo tanked three, so I can't speak about the 6 from experience, just what I have read.

- I am thinking you can solo tank all 8 if you are a little over geared or have healers that are really over geared, even the tricky fifth boss.

- If any one fight would surely need two tanks that would be it.

- Or just one hunters turtle and no tanks.

- Been solo tanking the first boss since day one, no real gear needed to solo tank that one.

- I wonder why every guide I read says that is a two tank fight.

- Must mean heroic.

- I can't see a face tank solo tanking the first boss, but a shield tank should have no problem ever.

- We tried it once with a DK tank and he was just too squishy.

- The shield tanks have such huge avoidance that the stacks fall off on their own.  No need to tank switch.

- When reading up on my paladin while starting to gear it up I saw someone say it was possible to get to CTC hard cap in only 346 gear.

- How?

- I am still not there and up to 362 now.

- I am soft capped but not hard capped.

- I guess I have a lot more reading to do on paladins because there has to be something I am missing.

- Unless the poster was talking out their ass.

- Whenever some says something like that and then does not qualify it with anything to back it up I have to take it as they are full of it.

- Like those people that say dragon soul was so easy, it is a waste.

- Have you done it on heroic?

- Hell, have you done it on normal?

- No?  Then shut the hell up.

- Yes it is easy, it is supposed to be easy, the hard part is doing it in the version for you that is not easy.

- If normals are not super easy for you, then do it on normal. 

- If heroics are not super easy for you, then do it on heroic.

- If even heroics are super easy for you, can you invite me to your guild, because if your guild is so good they can easily carry me through content even the best guilds in the world have not finished yet.

- Speaking of missing something.

- How come the more gear I get on my Rogue and my Mage, the less DPS I do?

- Yes, I am gemming, enchanting and reforging all the new gear.

- Yes, I am doing the same things I did before.

- Well, not any more, I gave up watching my DPS go down with better gear.

- Switched to fire for my mage and combat for my rogue.

- At least now I have an excuse, I am learning a new rotation.

- I really am a one trick pony when it comes to DPS.

- I am good on my hunter, but can not find the right grove with any other characters.

- Perhaps if I invested the same amount of time in them as I do in my hunter I would be good with them too.

- Tanking spoiled me.

- Once you learn how to tank you can tank on any character easily.

- The job is the same no matter what class you are and there is no number to be hung up on while trying to learn it on a new class.

- Did you keep aggro, did you use your cool downs in a timely manner to help your healer, did you interrupt?

- See, easier then DPS.

- DPS it is, "I can do 20K in the same gear on this char, why can't I on this one?".

- Numbers make it harder to compare.

- If that makes any sense.

- Speaking of tanking, where is my tank roll bonus on tank gear for my druid?

- Plate tanks have it good.  Anything with dodge or parry they get a roll bonus on.

- There are no agility items with dodge on it, so my bear gets no tank bonus rolls on tank gear.

- I thought they said tanks would get bonus rolls on tank gear.

- Anything leather with agility on it is tank gear for a bear. 

- In a way it makes sense, poor rogues and kitties would never get gear if all agility leather had a roll bonus for tanking for bears.

- Lets split the difference.

- If the gear has hit or expertise on it, no tank roll bonus, if it does not then tanks get a roll bonus on it.

- Nah, that would not work either, bears just get screwed.

- And even if they fixed it, there will soon be another tank wearing leather.

- Those "wanna be" bears, the pandas.

- If you want to tank as a bear, tank as a real bear.

- Down with panda's tanking.

- They are the lesser bear.

- I want to get Kiril on my bear.

- Now that would be one huge butt.

- You can tell they had bears in mind when they made it, why else would they put armor on it?

- Even if I did see a bear tank as a night elf, I would never do that.

- Part of the fun of being a bear tank is being a bear.

- It sure isn't the number of defensive cool downs.  Compared to my warrior I feel naked on my bear.

- I wonder how the four piece set bonus works for bears.

- If I hit frenzied regeneration unglyphed would I rage starve all the warriors in my raid?

- That would really be screwed up.

- I love all the four piece set bonuses for tanks.

- As a healer they are a god send, if you have a tank that is smart enough to use them at the right time.

- As a tank it is a god send to save the group if the healer falls behind, if you have a healer that is smart enough to take advantage of it.

- I wonder what they had in mind with the healer bonuses.

- I am not really excited about them at all.

- Guess compared to the tank four piece bonus, everything looks pale in comparison.

- Well, that is enough rambling for today.

- Have a great day all.

4 comments:

  1. For LFR, Ultraxion's Hour of Twilight does not require anyone to remain in the twilight realm. Everyone clicks the button. The only thing the tanks need to worry about is the Fading Light debuff. When you see it on the other tank, taunt. When he sees it on you, he taunts. Cheers.

    If you're with a clueless tank, you may want to be the main. Have him taunt the boss when you get Fading Light. Hit the button, come back. Then taunt the boss back before he gets the debuff. This does two things. It keeps fading light on you always and gives the clueless tank only one thing to look out for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a bunch. I was worried about that in LFR.

    I think I will do it that way, just take them all myself.

    It still scares me to be honest. I am probably over thinking it. If it is LFR it is bound to be easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just make sure you are using heroic will at late as possible.
    Since ultraxion can melee others as you are in the "normal realm". If the other tank is clueless, he wont have enough aggro to be the second on the aggro list. Thats the hard part if you are one tanking it. Because of this random factor.
    In LFR its no problem if some damage dealer dies. But on normal. You will mostly wipe on berserk timer. Or or eveb earlier if your healers cant heal the last minute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also. You need to taunt the boss after each fading light and hour of twilight. To get the aggro again as you will lose aggro each time you you are in the normal realm

    ReplyDelete