I am currently working on getting all the timeless island achievements and figured I would make a list to help myself, and others. While I am still missing a few these achievements all seem easy enough to attain. Some with luck, some without even trying, and some with a little time investment, but nothing here should be challenging.
[X] Extreme Treasure Hunter
- Visit the link to see where the treasure chests are. As I am sure we are all doing, we loot all treasure chests we are able to. So this achievement will not ask us to do anything we wouldn't do anyway.
- The gleaming treasure chest is on the top of a pillar. You will have to go around to the high point and jump to the first pillar and then across the four of them. The first jump is not as long as it seems. So do not jump full force. The rest, just jump like normal to go from one to the next.
- The rope-bound treasure chest can be a little tricky. Even more so if there are a lot of those elite mobs where you start your journey of tight rope walking. It is just before the double bridges on the way to ordos. There is a small pillar, jump on it and start walking the ropes. Using a over head camera angle works best because you need to jump from one rope to the next and then that on to one more after that. Jump right on the first rope down to the second and left on the second rope down to the third(if I remember correctly). When you do finally find your way to the end hit jump and tap forward. Do not just jump down from the rope or you will miss your landing. You want to land just a step forward. So jump then tap forward, and it will keep you from jumping to far.
- The mist covered chest can not be found until you have found the other two. Back to those double bridges on the way to ordos. Between the two where you make the right to get from one to the next an event can appear if you found the other two chests. Beware as some elite mobs that spawn there can really put a beating on you. A couple of rares appear right there as well. When the event appears there will be a tiny pillar looking thing that appears, click on it and get wings, then fly around and try to land on one of the floating discs that appear. Once you land and grab the chest this achievement will pop up. You have some time, so if you can get more chests, go for it. This achievement will be a little tricky for some but fun none the less.
[X] Eyes on the Ground
- I would hope you are looting everything that can be looted on the island because if you are not you are doing it wrong. All over the island there are things, clams, dirt piles, supply crates, you name it, that can be looted and they can give you timeless coins and possibly items. If you loot all 7 types of these items you get the above mentioned achievement. Most you will just run around getting without even noticing you are doing it but one, at least for me, I actually needed to seek out. The firestorm egg tends to be in higher places. The best way I have found to get to these is to go up to the bridge and find a place where one is and fall down to it. Or you could always get an albatross to give you a hand getting to them.
[ ] Going to Need a Bigger Bag
- I do not think there has ever been a better named achievement in the game. You will need to collect 57 items. I don't have that much space, but the good thing is once you get them you can throw them away or use them, for the one use items that is, and it still counts. There are some ones that are older ones from the main land rares, you can go get them from those which might be a little easier. Most however you need to get from the timeless island and it is going to take a lot of killing, looting, picking, and opening to do so. You will get some from normal mobs, rare mobs, elite mobs, picking up things on the ground, opening chests, you name it. There is a lot of collecting to be done and you might find there are a lot of toys you are going to decide to keep. I like being a hozen that swims fast and a ghost pirate and making it rain and having a little brewmaster, windwalker or mistweaver helper, you might too. So even if not going after the achievement you might still want to find some of the goodies in it for fun sake.
[ ] Legend of the Past
- This is one of the ones I have not completed yet, but if you click the link you can see where they all spawn. Just a matter of looking for them and hoping to be lucky enough to be there when they spawn, which seems to be rare based on some comments. Perhaps as the island dies down some they will be easier to find. Not so much a hard achievement as a lucky one here. Hope you are lucky enough to find one when you begin looking, I might take a peak for one tonight. I have not even looked yet. See timeless legends for part 2 of this achievement.
[X] Killing Time
- For this achievement you will need to kill 32 different creatures around the island. Some are elite but there are none that should cause a problem for anyone currently geared. If you are not up to date with gear, as in at least ToT normal as of release, some of the elites could tend to be a problem. If you do have decent gear click the link of the achievement and check out each mobs link to see where they spawn. This should be an easy one for anyone.
- This is an easy enough achievement to get. Oddly, I still need it. You will get a quest to get the blessing of a celestial. These stone pillars are all over the place, if one is glowing, click it. We do a lot of clicking stuff on this island don't we? The only reason I do not have this achievement yet is that the island is packed. I've only seen three of them glowing, and it seems all three were the same celestial. Just keep clicking when you see them, sooner or later you will get all four.
[X] Rolo's Riddle
- This is an achievement I will never get done on my main at the rate I am going because you need to get a quest item drop to start the quest. You get the quest item from picking up glinting sand. I've had no luck, perhaps you will have better. As I have not done it because I can get get the item I defer to the link to give you the information you might need. Edit: Got it done.
[ ] Timeless Champion
- As of this writing I am still working on this. You need to kill 31 rare mobs to get this achievement. Some have conditionals that are needed for them, like the pirate ship that needs to be summoned, but it can only be summoned when the alter is there and the alter is not always there. Oh, and you need an item to summon it and that item drops off a fast moving whale that is also one of the rares you need to kill. But you can not keep up with this whale. It will outpace you making it really hard to kill unless there are enough people to keep hitting him so he stays tapped. Over all, not many of the rares are that complicated however and lots of them are so easy to kill that it might become insanely hard to catch them while the island is still popular. I can kill most of the low land rares in less than 15 seconds. Just to show you how fast they die. This will take you a while depending on luck, when you get close, I suggest you start camping them because as I said, they go down so fast you will never make it to it if someone calls it is up. They do not have enough life.
[ ] Timeless Legends
- This is part two of the legends of the past achievement which you find all four of the lost treasures. Being finding one of the rare spawns is going to take some luck you can imagine finding all four while the island is still popular might take a while.
[X] Timeless Nutriment
- You will get a bit of a head start on this one because of a quest of the same name telling you to pick up some food. Well, the achievement is for picking up all the types of food. If you are grabbing everything that you can click on you will most likely have this in no time at all. The only one I noticed might trick some people is the huge yak roast. You need to jump and click it for most characters it seems. Not hard, but easily over looked as it is up a little and not on the ground like everything else.
[X] Treasure, Treasure Everywhere
- For this achievement you will need to open1 blazing chest, 1 skull covered chest, 2 smoldering chests, 4 sturdy chests and 17 moss covered chests. You can view the achievement linked for the map. I just noticed I only need one sturdy chest to finish off mine so I will use that map and grab the last one when I am next on. Just following it will make this achievement easy. And you might not even need to do that because we will be clicking on and opening everything we can, you might get this one without even trying. Heck, I got within one without even trying yet. Note, the blazing chest is a once a week thing and will give you the piece to upgrade an item to 535, so you might want to open this one on a character that can use 535 gear every week.
[X] Where There's Pirates, There's Booty
- And who doesn't like booty? The sunken treasure is where you might expect it to be, in a sunken pirate ship. See the map in the link for where you can find it. It will be surrounded by elite hozen. Kill the pirate hozen until one of them drops a key, loot the chest. When you kill a hozen there will be a helm you can click on that will give you underwater breathing for a minute, so no need to worry about breath.
- Blackguards jetsam is in an underwater cave. If you look at the west side map you will see a little indent where the water goes inward a little. Swim out as if that inlet was not there, swim straight down and into the cave, get your pirate booty after killing a bunch of spirit pirates.
- The Gleaming treasure satchel is one of a few rope climbing adventures you will have. In the southeast of the map, by where the frogs are, there is a ship at sea. Go to the back of the ship, climb along the ropes, jump to the mast and walk across to the dangling loot. Congrats on your booty filled achievement.
[X] Zarhym Altogether
- You need to find Zarhym's floating skull near the start of the cave of lost spirits. It might be busy now but it will be slowing down soon, don't worry. The little event marker will appear when he is there so just talk to him and enter the spirit world. Your journey will lead you to the back of the cave in a spirit walk, There are spirits with circles around them. Avoid them. If you fight them you get thrown from the spirit world and have to wait for Zarhym to spawn again to start it over. There are many spirit chests you can loot, feel free to get the easy ones, but do not waste too much time because you only have 5 minutes to complete this. Sometimes you will need to wait a long time for the spirit to pass to get to it and it is just not worth it for a few coins. Pet classes fear not. Your pets do not seem to draw aggro when entering a beam, just make sure you do not. Use some creative movement and some jumping on angles, and you can get from skull to body in less than 1 minute.
There are also added achievements for PvP and PvE that can be attained on the island. They are as follows.
[ ] Emissary of Ordos
- You only need to buy the Censer of Eternal Agony from Speaker Gulan for 2500 timeless coins and use it to get this achievement. Using it will make you sacrifice 90% of your health and make you hostile to all other players, horde and alliance alike. Each time you kill someone in this state you will be granted 1 bloody coin, which leads to the follow up achievements titled [ ] Candlekeepr for collecting 10 bloody coins, [ ] Oathguard for collecting 100 bloody coins, [ ] Kilnmaster for collecting 1000 bloody coins and Fire-Watcher when you collect 10000 coins along with the title of Fire-Watcher.
Additional PvE achievements
[X] Celestial Challenge
- This achievement is part of the legendary quest line that requires you to beat all of the four celestial world bosses. It is reported that you can get this achievement even if you are not currently on the quest line for the black price. I can neither confirm nor deny that but I can tell you that you can get the achievement if you are on the quest because I did.
[ ] Emperor Shaohao
- You will need to earn exalted status with Emperor Shaohao. This will be a long drawn out task but not something that should be unattainable or require an old school grind. The yaungol mobs on the island all offer reputation, the stronger the yaungol the more the reputation you get. There is also one daily quest from Shaohao that gives you 250 (275 with guild or human and 300 with guild and human) reputation as well. Expect to spend a fair bit of time at it but nothing vanilla type of grind time. One good thing is that the mount you can get at exalted with 100,000 coins should not be a problem once you are there. I am barely friendly and well over 30K coins already. So at least you will not have to grind for rep and coins. Just grind the rep and the coins will come. Not to mention, those elite yaungol love to drop fun goodies you will need for the other achievements.
- Defeat Ordos, the legendary only world boss on the timeless island. It is not a very difficult fight for a geared group, when I did it we only had 24 people and we had no problem. Not really all that hard for a "legendary" boss but I can see why it was not open to the world. If you had a group of 40 all doing less than 100K you would probably wipe due to running out of space or the enrage timer.
Happy achievement hunting everyone.
Do not play Overwatch!
2 hours ago