Monday, December 15, 2014

Monday Random Thoughts

- As I figured last week my 99 is now 100.

- So that makes five level 100s now.

- I am not really pushing for any others, but they will come.

- Not saying I am not liking the leveling process.

- I like the quest flow over all.

- Do find talador a bit of a drag however.

- Just that I do not want to make more "work" for myself than I already have set up on a daily basis.

- This expansion, for someone with a lot of alts, will require a ton of time.

- With the big "if" being if you want to do everything with them.

- I need to learn how to not do everything with them.

- Or I will burn myself out on them.

- I already do not mine during the week, to cut down on wasted time.

- Can you imagine if I had 20 100s like I had 20 90s?

- I would log in and start doing my garrison and by the time I cycled through all my characters it would be time to log off.

- And that is if I could even finish all 20.

- So I don't see me wanting to level as many alts as I had in the past.

- It almost seems like a penalty for leveling.

- Congratulations, you have another level 100, now get to level your followers and gear them all up.

- Get to leveling your professions and the year and a day it will take to do that.

- Get to gathering materials and collecting the 60 of each resource it will take to do your daily cooldowns and work orders each and every day.

- Get to grinding for the sake of grinding.

- Don't get me wrong, I love grinding, but there seems to be some stuff missing.

- Like a way to level professions without having to save up weeks worth of materials to make stuff.

- What ever happened to crafted patterns that did not need "special" materials?

- That is the one thing that gets me.

- I would feel as if I have to log into all my characters daily, because I always keep my professions leveled.

- Having max professions matters to me.

- And you need to log in daily to do so if you want to get it done at a reasonable rate.

- Each profession needs some simple stuff to make to level it that just needs basic materials.

- At least in my opinion.

- If I do not want to spend forever making 640 gear it takes forever to get the materials for I should have another way to level professions.

- So it is daily cooldowns and the darkmoon faire for me to level professions on rarely played alts it seems.

- Unless I want to play them more often.

- But than they would not be rarely player alts would they?

- I do still want to level some additional hunters.

- Because I love soloing on hunters and the more hunters I have the more soloing I can do.

- But I can cross one thing off my soloing list.

- No more Onyxia farming needed for me.

- Got it to drop this weekend.

- I looted it and thought, this looks different, I thought I saw everything that dropped here before.

- I hovered over it and saw it was the mount and did not believe it.

- I was not happy or excited or even yelling woohoo like I should have.

- Just that one good YES.

- And then a sigh of relief to have finally got it after so many years.

- It was an "I really earned this" feeling more than anything else.

- Ever since they added shared mounts I was soloing it on multiple characters whenever I remembered to do so.

- Before that I was soloing it on my main as far back as I could remember.

- The last few months of the expansion I was doing it on at least 5 characters a week.

- I had started to solo it years ago, it has almost become habit.

- Looking to take a break?  Solo Onyxia.

- Want to do some mount farming?  Solo Onyxia.

- Feeling like I was having such bad luck lately I was due for a win?  Solo Onyxia.

- A few minutes before raid and nothing to do?  Solo Onyxia.

- It had become such a huge part of my game play life over the years I think I am going to miss doing it.

- Does that sound weird?

- I've done it so often, squeezed it in so many days, on so many characters.

- Not really having a reason to do it any longer is like losing an old friend who used to always be there for you.

- I got the mount, but now I wonder if maybe I would have been better off not getting it.

- Most other mount runs take time, this was quick and easy.

- Need more quick and easy mount runs to fill in the time, to take onyxia's place.

- Throne of the four winds could take its place.

- It is short, simple, and doable by many classes.

- More than onyxia was actually.

- I guess that will be my new onyxia.

- I did throne yesterday and two extremely odd things happened.

- I got the achievement for heroic throne, which I had from years ago.

- So how did I manage to get an achievement I already had the achievement for on that character from three years ago?

- Odd right?  I thought so too.

- And then the bosses dropped 125 gold each.

- Thought they scaled down gold?  Once more odd right?

- Want more odd stuff?

- I looked to see how close I was to 250 mounts.

- Says I have 246.

- But my mount guide says I have 257.

- So I have 11 that are not counting for some reason.

- The paladin mount, lock mount, DK mount, they all will not count on my hunter so that makes sense.

- But I do not have 11 class only mounts.

- I decided to see if I could get 4 more mounts.

- This was before I did onxyia.

- I went to halaa to get the two mounts from there, thanks to follower missions.

- It was under attack, so I needed to defend to get them.

- Had to wait for the vendor to respawn.

- We held the line but were slowly dying off, 12, 10, 8, 6 guards left.

- Respawn, respawn, I was mumbling at the screen, I did not want to make this trip for nothing.

- 4, 2, he respawned.

- I run over, open window, buy both mounts, watch him die a second later as we drop to 0 guards.

- Well, got what I wanted, let them have it now.

- Hell, maybe they were fighting so they could buy it themselves.

- And no way little old me was going to hold off 4 or 5 invaders anyway.

- Just happy I got my mounts and did not need to come back or win it all by myself.

- So I got somewhere safe, away from battle, and learned the two mounts.

- Should be up to 248 now right?

- Nope, those two mounts did not count apparently.

- Why did they not count?

- My total mounts moved to 259, but my character mounts is still 246.

- Even if I learned them on my main, it did not count them.

- Odd, very odd right?

- Onyxia's mount did count however.

- So now I am at 247 but really 260 mounts with the two new mounts that I just purchased not counting.

- I wonder why.

- Lots of achievement bugs.

- I have actually noticed a lot of achievements I already have popping up that I just got them.

- I think there are some serious bugs going on with achievements.

- I made a darkmoon trinket for my tank, my "craft" 50 epic items over item level 600 achievement did not count it as crafting it.

- It counts the pieces from the garrison missions I click on to craft.

- Why not that?

- So back to my new 100, it was my warrior.

- So I hit 100 and switched to protection spec and took gladiator stance.

- Did I ever leave any comment that made you think I would do any different?

- I always said, if I could DPS with my sword and board I would, and you are damn straight I did.

- I hit 100 a little into nagrand.

- I saved nagrand for last so I could get some of the tank type gear from the quests.

- The choosing spec option does not seem to work all the time from the quest rewards so I figured I would just wait until I was in protection, and had my bunker up in level, then quest in nagrand to get some starter tank gear.

- As soon as I hit 100, with all of a 584 item level, I went back to my garrison and upgraded to level 3 and started building my bunker.

- I figured, while waiting because I wanted a level 2 bunker before going back to questing for possible upgrades, I would give the proving grounds a try.

- It goes without saying I never played gladiator right?

- I knew all the abilities from having used them as a tank and there was only one ability that changed.

- I read that one ability, decided how I wanted to use it, and entered the proving grounds as a damage dealer.

- Once again I found the damage dealer proving grounds very underwhelming.

- Playing a spec I never played, so to speak, with way under the minimum 610 it scales down to, I got my silver without even coming close to missing any round.

- Yawn.

- I turned in the quest and my 610 weapon from the quest actually became a 640 epic weapon, and this was before my bunker was finished building, talk about luck.

- Next I figured I would try the tanking one.

- After doing it with my druid and knowing that the mistweaver that is there is possibly the worst healer ever in the history of healers, I was not expecting to finish it.

- Bronze was no problem, silver however was a different story.

- I ran into the same problem that I had with my druid.

- Well, not actually the same problem but same type of problem as in making it to the last round and wiping.

- On my druid the healer seemed to refuse to heal me, so to fix that bad healer issue I had to go full on defensive to get it done.

- I managed to get silver on the third try with my druid, if I remember correctly, after I adapted to her horrible style of healing.

- So this time around I figured I knew what to expect.

- I would play it really defensive on my warrior and should be fine.

- Nope, blizzard switched it up on me.

- She actually was healing me on occasion and honestly I did not need much healing on my warrior even at that low item level.

- If victory rush had worked on the mobs in there she actually would have never needed to heal me.

- My warrior, not sure if by design, just took WAY less damage than my druid did.

- So this should be no problem.

- Last round, fire guy pops up in the second part of the last wave and throws some fire puddles, which I let go, so I could tank stuff in it.

- Bad part was, one of the fire puddles was under the healers feet.

- Did the healer move?

- Of course not.

- Did the healer heal herself?

- Of course not.

- So I immediately said to myself, self, it is me vs her health now.

- I need to kill everything before she dies.

- Needless to say, that did not happen.

- Take two.

- This time I will interrupt the fire guy.

- Must have been too slow on the interrupt however.

- He got off one fire puddle and can you guess where it landed?

- Yeap, right under her feet.

- So me against her health timer again.

- I can do it this time, just two mobs up.

- WTH is she doing, she is healing me, I am at full health woman, stop healing me and kill kill kill.

- Now that you are supposed to be DPSing you are healing me?

- If you are going to heal someone heal yourself because you are standing in fire you buffoon.

- One mob left, execute range, one more shot and this is done, she dies.

- Damn you woman, you are the worst healer in the history of healers.

- Take three.

- Switched some talents around, changed two key binds, now I will get this.

- The druid had to deal with no heals and needed to go full on defensive.

- The warrior seemed to get a different RNG and he has to deal with a healer that stands in bad.

- How I beat the druid was to handle it as if there was no healer and I had to take care of myself.

- How I handled it on my warrior was as if all spells were instant death spells.

- I would not let anything cast anything.

- And I did just that.

- Not even one fire puddle came out and it was a breeze.

- Do you think the warrior and druid challenges are different or just luck of the draw?

- I never was in danger of dying on my warrior where my druid was near death all the time.

- The healer stood in bad for my warrior when on my druid there was never any bad near her.

- RNG or are the challenges tuned different for different classes?

- Honestly, would love to know.

- Still upset it took me until the third try to do it as tank, for the second time.

- Even at 26 item levels lower than the minimum with zero tanking gear, I should have one shot it.

- And would have one shot it, if only she side stepped, or healed herself.

- Once again I have to say it, she is the worst healer in the history of all healers.

- Speaking of healing, I got a healing trinket on my shaman from a dungeon, while in DPS spec of course.

- Add that to a 615 healing trinket from a follower mission, and now I had two pieces with spirit on it.

- Three pieces actually, being that one dungeon was also the one I needed to get the 640 ring, which I took with spirit of course.

- Now I was ready to give the healing proving grounds a try.

- I did not expect much, I figured I would need more spirit.

- A guild mate told me that bronze was actually harder than silver.

- I laughed because, you know, how is that even possible.

- Then I did bronze, finished it was zero mana, as in not even a sliver of mana left when it ended.

- Holy crap he was right, bronze was rough.

- If I can barely do bronze there is no way in hell I am going to do silver.

- But he did say silver was easier.

- What the hell, I am here, let me try.

- They were right, silver is easier on your mana than bronze was.

- I ended the fight with a third of my mana bar left and no one was ever in danger of dying.

- That was a lot easier than I had expected.

- Why is bronze harder than silver?

- Was it because the idea was planted in my mind and subconsciously I reacted thinking that and made it so?

- Or is bronze healing actually harder on your mana than silver is?

- So far it seems the tank challenge is the only one I could not one shot.

- Still have other tanks to level, one of these days I will get it.

- My hunter is now past 650 item level thanks to some exceptional luck.

- Yes, I said I had luck.

- Not only did onyxia bless me with her mount dropping but my rogue managed to loot the lucky double sided coin from a salvage container.

- In case you did not know that is the best in slot non mythic trinket for a hunter.

- So needless to say that I sent it over to my hunter and equipped it instantly.

- I now only have 2 slots with non epic gear in them.

- Legs and one ring slot.

- I must say that I have been doing okay this expansion thus far.

- Hope I did not just jinx myself back to my normal no luck sort of luck by saying that.

- I macroed the double sided coin into rapid fire and I am loving it so far.

- Awesome that they have the same cooldown and it just so happens that the best time to use the trinket is during rapid fire.

- So it works out perfectly for me.

- A new character entered draenor for me.

- And I am currently wondering if I even want to worry about doing their professions.

- It means more material needed to keep it going, and it just does not seem worth it any longer.

- If it were not for the sorcerous elements I could get from it I would not bother with them any more.

- I do want to start leveling another character on one of my solo servers.

- Just to see the garrison from a solo perspective.

- I think garrisons are better from that angle.

- Trying to do everything for a bunch of characters and all professions just seems like too much.

- A few guild mates decided to try the gold bags you can buy with the profession secrets books.

- They have been getting 1 or 2 gold inside each one.

- So lets see, use a few materials to make one secret and trade it for 1 or 2 gold?

- Seems like a loss to me.

- So my advice, once you have all the patterns you need, stop doing the secrets daily.

- Not worth wasting the materials.

- They would be better spent on work orders.

- Or sold on the AH for that matter.

- Even 5 blackiron ore is worth more than 1 gold.

- And that is saying a lot, because ore is basically worthless.

- They need to increase the gold in those baggies to be between 15 and 30 gold to be worthwhile.

- And even at that, it would only be worthwhile if you get the higher end of it.

- But it would be like gambling, and lots of people dig that stuff.

- I am not a gambler but I love the big crates of salvage.

- And that feels like gambling.

- At least I have got two 665 items thus far, and one was awesome for my hunter.

- So over all, I would say I won.

- It was worth pushing 5 level 3 salvage yards and working to get as many crates as I could.

- But all that means is I won this time, a guild mate has opened more crates than I, triple the amount easily, and he has never gotten any.

- Guess I had good luck with them.

- Me, with luck, its the seventh sign.

- Have a great day.

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the Ony mount. I know what you mean about something you do every week. I got Geddon's binding quite early but Garr wouldn't cough his up. Every week without fail, usually reset day I would pay him a visit. Week in, week out, it just became routine. I went and killed him without any expectation that it would drop, it was just something I did.

    Then one day he finally dropped it and that was the end of my weekly Molten Core runs. It was the only thing I did each week without fail. It was strange to not do it anymore.

    Throne of the Four Winds coughed up the mount for me this week. I was surprised as I've only been farming for it since I hit 100, but that's the break I guess. I got that mount after 9 attempts but I have other mounts like the ZG Kilnara panther well into triple digits, long past when rarity deems it unlucky. When I was farming the mount in Stonecore that passed long into unlucky too, rarity decided I had over 100% chance at one point, though ofc I know that rng doesn't work that way but the odds say it had to drop sometime. It did eventually and I can't say I farmed it for years like you did for Ony. You deserved that drop. Bittersweet grats I guess but congrats anyway.

    As for the expansion it brings to mind a post I've made before about perspective being everything. If I was playing now, how I was playing when I quit 9 months ago I would be probably well into burnout already. Back then all I did was the farm, gather extra mats, run my profession cds, make all the food, flasks, potions etc. for the raid team and raid 4 nights a week. That was not fun but maxing all professions and buffs, plus the raiding sucked up all my playtime.

    These days I play completely solo, I'm even in a guild on my own. I do what I want, when I want, I don't worry about efficiency or the right way to do things. I still haven't maxed any primary professions, in fact the only ones I've started on are my mains blacksmithing and engineering. I have crafted 3 pieces for myself with blacksmithing and I didn't sweat or even notice the timer for it. Whenever I decided to craft something I had enough truesteel ingots from work orders and daily cd. The level 3 mine and one level 2, more than provides what I need for this. I made myself Bingtron 5000, the wormhole transport and all the new engineering pets. I actually made my friend who just resubbed one of the pets today, mailed it to them to say "welcome back" as I felt like it.

    I'll get to everything eventually and now I don't have to do anything, now I just do what I want, I find that I actually want to do it, I actually want to login again. Maybe I have a deep-seated hatred of being told what to do heh, actually that's probably true.

    Anyway, Four Winds 25 was lucky for me though I'm not sure whether it does drop more frequently on 25 or not. I finally ran Molten Core this weekend. I'm so glad I went with a friend, meant we could laugh about it rather than stressing. I think if I do go regular LFR and I should as I have 7 seals and the max is 10, I will turn chat off, although I probably shouldn't as a tank. Some people though really.

    Have a good week and may you remain lucky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad to finally see it really exists, but going to miss going there I guess.

      I still need to get stonecore but I only do it from time to time now knocking out 10 and then calling it a day. I had been soloing it since cataclysm was released. Yes, as a hunter I was able to solo it early on. But I kind of let off on it because I guess I did it too often in cataclysm. I keep forgetting about it now when I do mount runs as a matter of fact.

      I do four winds on 25 heroic, figure that would give the best chances, but not 100% on that. Started doing it at the end of last expansion on multiple characters after the stat change, but the hunter has way more kill on it than any of them. Love that one too because it is easy for melee as well.

      I hope I stay on this streak too. Hope your luck is with you lately as well. Have a good week.

      Delete
  2. Uuuuuh....Unless they changed anything about the way tanking PG works since MoP, the healer is just putting a strong HoT on you, no direct healing, no nothing.

    Druids are just bad tanks right now and are getting battered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be a thing based on druid vs warrior. Like I said it felt like I did not even need healing often on my warrior. On rare occasion I could have used a heal, that was it. On my druid I was near death every second of the entire thing. It was as if there was not even a healer there. Maybe druids are just that bad. I think it has to do with, in part, FR does not heal for anything any more. It is not even worth hitting. All that rage spent on what, a 2% heal? That is what it feels like. I'd be better off spending the rage on maul to kill the thing faster than healing myself for near nothing. Druids do need some help. They take too much damage and have no way to defend against it or heal themselves up. But I did it, which means basically anyone can do it. It just was not fun.

      Delete
    2. I think it might be partly the luck of the draw. I one shot silver as a tank, part of that is because I main tank and it's what I do best but part of it must also be luck as I didn't get any fire puddles under the healer. If you get that then no matter how good a tank you are, that's something you can't fix, that's bad programming. They should make her immune to those fire puddles as she doesn't move, as that isn't the tanks fault. Those just spew out and land where they will. As we can't control that part of the encounter, it's unfair, like stacking the deck.

      I actually haven't got gold proving grounds as a tank yet. I made a couple of stupid mistakes when I tried on the last wave twice, I was so mad at myself and so I left it for a day when I had more patience. I did however get gold damage in my off spec, as I got that on the second attempt. First time I was on the last wave, and just mistimed my cds with the bomb apparation and the shield. Got it the second time.

      Wrong way round and makes me think the dps test is easier, as I'm not a dps at heart I'm a tank, so I should have got tank first. Mind you I did silver dps as a tank for the "doing it wrong" achievement, so yeah not hard. I'll have to find time for gold tank soon to readdress the balance. I attempted bronze healer as dps just for fun and got to the last wave before the aoe damage was too much. I guess if I want those achievements I'll have to level a healer. Which reminds me I'm stuck on Nibbleh at Brawlers, I should attempt that again sometime soon.

      Delete
    3. That is what got me most. How is her standing in fire and not healing herself any judge on my tanking skill? I would have one shot it on my warrior if not for that. But twice I failed because she died to standing in the fire. Sorry, but that has absolutely no bearing on my ability as a tank. I can not be responsible for what other people do. It annoyed the hell out of me.

      If Nibbleh is like he was last expansion, and if it is the one I am thinking about, not sure how a melee would do it anyway. One thing to love about being ranged. Nothing even even got to me, so it makes fights a lot easier when I am the only one doing the fighting and they can't touch me. lol

      Delete
    4. Nibbleh is the serpent that leaves poison trail. I stopped there as well since it seemed to have a little too much health for me to easily handle and i didn't feel like wating for 8 ppl just to get a shot at losing. Saw a rogue doing it there and it was quite good a kill. So sure is doable.

      Delete
    5. I was thinking the wrong one then. But yes, I can see how that was much harder on melee. As least as a hunter I am used to kiting and I never need to get close. That must be hell on melee.

      Delete
  3. I'm not sure why, but every time I get a new mount I have to log into each and all of my (high level) characters before the mount is counted towards the achievement total. Perhaps it's because of professions-only mounts? At any rate, you might want to give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip. I will give that a try. I figured it should count it on the one I just learned it on, but this is blizzard so who knows.

      Delete