I made a comment that I believed it was possible for all ranged classes to make it to at least level 30 without taking damage and that it was quite possible a hunter could make it to level cap without taking damage. I was challenged to try it and I have accepted. I now want to invite the rest of the hunter community to join in on what will be a fun and extremely difficult challenge.
Any class can join in on this challenge but to be honest melee classes can't do it, sorry, it is impossible. All ranged classes could conceivably do it but lets face it, no class can hold a candle to hunters in a challenge like this. They are uniquely designed to do just this.
So do you think you are a master hunter? Lets see what you can do.
The Zero Damage Challenge
1) You must reach max level with less than 10K damage received. *
2) You can not enter a group at any point. **
3) You can be in a guild for bonus experience.
4) You can use heirlooms for the bonus experience.
5) You can take mining and herbalism for bonus experience.
6) You can not use a scroll of resurrection to start your journey at level 80. **
7) You can not use refer a friend to grant levels to your character. **
8) Sugar daddies are allowed to pay for flying, gear, etc.
9) No tag and kill allowed, you must kill your mobs yourself. **
* 10,000 damage is being allowed for incidentals like walking over fires or braziers, the 1-10 experience where you do not control your pet yet, and mobs that do AoE while you pass them but you are not actually in battle with them. It is not much of a buffer and 0 would still be better than 10,000, so be careful.
** No way we can check this, up to you to be honest about it.
Tips and A Heads Up:
1) Know the mobs. Some mobs will hit you even if your pet has 100% aggro.
2) Know the mobs. Some mobs hit you when they die.
3) Pick your quests. Some quests should be avoided, picking and choosing is suggested.
4) Work on rested. Make it easier on yourself and only work on rested.
5) Beast Mastery is the way to go. Less likely to grab aggro until you get misdirect.
6) Concussive shot everything. Even if your pet keeps aggro.
7) Keep off of PvP servers. This would be 1,000,000 times harder on them.
8) Do not go in to dungeons or battlegrounds. It would not only break the group rules and you have no control over other people getting you damaged.
9) Beware of quests that assure you take damage. There are some that you will always take damage on.
10) Slow and sure. This is not a race, it is a challenge. Everyone can win.
Do you have any comments on rules that should be changed or added?
If so leave a comment and we might change of add it.
Do you have any tips to help out?
I can add them.
Are you planning on doing it yourself?
Let me know and if you want to leave your progress I will add it in an update and a page designed for all people trying. Even failed tries will be kept noted if you let me know about them.
Do you think you can do better than a hunter?
Bring your mages, shadow priests, warlocks, elemental shaman and boomkins to the challenge. I would be really impressed if a warlock could do this because they would end up damaging themselves for more than 10K in no time.
I will update this post and make a few pages to update from time to time for those that wish to share their progress.
There are less two months left to this expansion, lets have some fun on our way out.
Can you be the ultimate hunter, the true iron man? Anyone can get to 85 without dying, a few people can get there without dying in no gear and even less can get there with more restrictions but can anyone get there taking zero damage?
Join the zero damage challenge.
Special thanks for Hyperious at Toys of Azeroth for the inspiration for this challenge.
A blog was made just for this challenge, you can view it at the hunter challenge.
For those that think this sounds a little extreme, you can do the Low Damage Challenge instead. Under 2M total damage received. It will still be hard, trust me, but there is a lot more room for a mistake.
Cloudbusting - *Going Home.* This is not the post that was scheduled for today. Instead it is a story of how, when you write, sometimes your words become far more than jus...
1 hour ago