Thursday, July 2, 2015

The Ultimate Unseen Influence Tip

I must admit I am a little afraid to write about this because I know it will get out there and blizzard might fix this.  But I have been doing this since the patch came out and after talking to a few people in guild about it and they were all loving it because it made their lives so much easier, I figured I might as well share the tip.

If you are not sure what I am talking about it is about the quest unseen influence which is probably the most time sinking quest in the game right now.  Even more so if you are on a very populated server.

Small tip to start with, this is not the tip however.  Do not loot all the treasures in T2 when you first get there.  Loot them a little at a time because they give you the fel corrupted apexis fragments from them and they are in short supply otherwise.

When you are done with all the treasures and if you can not find any of the bonus chests around T2, the only way to get fel corrupted apexis fragments is from killing rare mobs.  With rares having long spawn timers and dying literally withing seconds of spawning if you are on a heavily populated server getting these 10 fragments could be near impossible unless you have hours to spend.  Even on low population servers it can be a problem if you have rare hunters who just like killing the rares.  One well geared rare hunter can easily kill rares in a matter of seconds before you can even get a hit in.  Effectively this makes getting this quest finished near nightmare levels in frustration.

My big tip, but not the ultimate tip, is based on the fact that some days we might see a bunch of rares and other days we do not see any.  Haven't you ever though that you wish you saw half the rares you saw yesterday because yesterday you killed so many?  Well, I have the solution for that for you.  My tip is the perfect way to make sure every rare always drops a fel corrupted fragment for you forever now so you can stock up on them for those bad days when you do not have time or can not find any rares.

For this tip to work you need to turn auto loot off if you have it enabled.  If you never enabled it, do not worry, auto loot is not the default of the game.

Now every time you kill something, rare included, you have to manually loot, but you will also never loot a fel corrupted apexis fragment off the body of the mob again.  Leave it on the body.  As long as you have the quest in your quest book and do not loot the fel corrupted apexis fragment you can keep getting them.

But how do I get them if I am not looting them Grumpy?

Glad you asked.  As soon as the body despawns the fragment gets mailed to you from our friendly neighborhood postmaster.  Sure, in time this will clutter your mail box, but that is the price for the ease of having some extras laying around.

Each day run around and do all your dailies and kill whatever rares you come across, 25 today, 4 the next day, doesn't make a difference.  Just don't loot the fragments.

When you are done for the day go to the mailbox, pull 10 out, turn in the quest.  Everything left over is a head start for tomorrow.  So that day you only have time to get 4 you can still complete it because the day before you got 25 and only used 10.

I am currently sitting on 94 of them, which means I don't have to worry for quite some time.  That is a nice situation to be in.  If I am ever losing too much mail box space, I just ditch a few.

And now for the... (drum roll please)... ultimate unseen influence tip.

On reset day, or any day really, when you see people doing the rumble in the jungle quest offer to help them.  Heck, just hang out there and put in a few hits, help them kill them, be a nice guy or gal.  They drop anywhere between 1 and 3 fel corrupted fragments from my experience.

So say you go there on reset day, kill them for a while with everyone doing the quest, you can easily collect all the fel corrupted apexis fragments you need for the entire week in one simple and easy sitting.  Just remember, do not loot them, let them get mailed to you.  How awesome is that?

Be warned, I am sure blizzard is going to fix this sooner or later, it is just too awesome to be allowed to stay in game.  They do not like us being able to stock up on things like this because they lose their time sink and after all, that is all unseen influence is, a time sink.

Happy hunting.

22 comments:

  1. Great idea :)

    I will have to try that. Although knowing my luck they'll patch that and the ones I have waiting will be lost. Oh well, worth the shot.

    I do know that I did the treasures part "wrong". As I was looting them after getting the shards I was thinking, I should get these tomorrow.

    And yet, nope, kept looting away. Oh well, not the end of the world, just a bit more challenge to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd think even if they patched it the ones in your mailbox would still be there. But you never know, blizzard does like the mess with us from time to time.

      I looted all the treasures ASAP too. On my alts I will do it the right way.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Sometimes the simple things like forgetting to loot work. ;)

      Delete
    2. I wanted to take this a step further, so I did some searching for a macro that would turn on and off autoloot automatically and let me know that the change was made. I found a macro from 2012 on the US forums that still works.

      /script if GetCVar("autoLootDefault") == "1" then SetCVar("autoLootDefault", "0"); print("Autoloot Off"); else SetCVar("autoLootDefault", "1"); print("Autoloot On"); end

      Delete
    3. That is cool, I am sure some people will get a lot of use from it, thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  3. Trying this out today. So far, I've finished all the dailies and only got 2 fragments. They're sitting in my mailbox though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Saberstalkers arena doesn't work anymore. You can only loot them once per day. Just tried. I got a couple fragments off each one, bu then no loot the next time someone came by. At least it can be done daily...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Up to 16 fragments now. It seems to work for the treasures as well. I think they get sent to your mail as well.

    Thanks for this tip, Grumpy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mailbox is filling up fast. Thanks GE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have mine full, I only take them out if I did not have luck getting them quickly that day. Nice to be able to have a stash of them saved up.

      Delete
  7. Thanks so much for this! I stupidly ran around the first day finding treasures before I realized that wasn't a good plan, this will help a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not alone, I did the same exact things. On my alts I am not doing that however. I am playing it smarter on them.

      Delete
  8. Thanks, Grumpy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The rumble in the jungle blacking challenge totem thing isn't random. It's 1 fragment for the minor challenge, 2 for the major and 3 for the prime. That's 6 quick and easy fragments a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That actually makes perfect sense when you think about it. lol

      Delete
  10. Hmm I turned auto loot off. But now its only auto looting the fragments..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... that sounds weird. Are you shift clicking when you loot? Shift click will loot everything.

      What you want to do is manually click the loot bag and only take out the things you want and leave the fragments.

      Delete
    2. Yeah that's exactly what I'm doing, manually click the bag (not shift clicking or anything). But it auto loots the fragments and as I discovered everything else. The only thing I'm able to "choose" are apexis crystal, they are not auto looted.

      Delete
    3. As odd as this might sound, try clicking auto loot, letting it auto loot, and then turning it off again. Maybe some sort of internal setting got messed up.

      I hope they did not patch it, it was a cool trick.

      Delete
    4. Tried it, didn't work. I am afraid they patched it :(

      Delete