Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday Random Thoughts

- I won something in the LFR on my druid.

- I played cat on the last boss of the first half while in my tank gear.

- My offspec is healing, so that was my only DPSing option really.

- Being cat is healing spec would be worse then I did as is.

- I did horrible, 12,800 DPS, still enough to place 13th but bad enough to win something.

- Once again proving that if you want to win you have to suck.

- I did not do it on purpose.  I am just not very good at cat DPS with bear gear.

- Hey, at least I won something.

- All I had to do to win something finally was suck.

- I think I need to learn how to cat in bear gear and spec better.

- Sub 13K is horrible.

- I do more then that as a bear.

- So what does that say when I beat out a fair amount of the people that where actually DPS speced.

- I don't think I could ever explain how much I love the Ultraxion fight.

- I don't think I could ever explain how much I hate it in the LFR.

- Ultraxion is my favorite fight since the Ulduar days.

- I think I could write a post just about that fight alone to share my love for it.

- Played a little more rift this weekend and it reminded me how much I loved being a noob in WoW.

- Funny thing is, it seems rift reminds everyone of WoW.

- Chat, everywhere I go, was people talking about WoW.

- Amazing how all these people talking about how WoW sucks spend their time on another game talking about WoW.

- If it really sucked then why not enjoy the game you are playing instead of complain about WoW there.

- I think these are all people that actually still love WoW and have to bash it to justify playing rift instead.

- Why can't you just enjoy both?

- I enjoy rift for what it is, a pass time away from WoW for me.

- While playing it I did come to a realization about MMORPGs.

- The dungeon finder / raid finder is something that games require now.

- If it where not for LFD I don't think I would have ever done all the wrath heroics.

- When it came out there where 3 I had never done.

- The looking for feature makes it easier to assemble and that is required to actually do something.

- That is why it is needed in games now.

- The games have changed, they are not the type of games we remember.

- The only good grinds left in the game are from BC time and I am sure they will be changed as soon as blizz gets around to it.

- I want more of those grinds, not less.

- I guess I am in the minority here and I'll be the first to admit you should not cater to the minority.

- Sad for me, the things I like the best in the game are slowly being removed.

- Like the blue post saying that they would not go back to the days like ulduar.

- Why not?  Because people did not see the last boss or bonus boss?

- Who cares, it was still fun as hell to try and get there.

- A raid like that felt like a raid, felt like you earned something.

- Raids nowadays feel like 10 or 25 man dungeons.

- Hard enough to be different, easy enough to be done in a short amount of time.

- I want more ulduar and kara raids and fewer firelands and dragon soul raids.

- But once again I am in the minority.

- People what everything, they want it now, and they want it quick.

- I feel like the old dog.

- I am not happy about learning these new tricks.

- But I will roll with the punches.

- I have one problem with the new system that is not the difficulty level or length of the raids itself.

- If they are going to give us dungeon content and call it a raid because it requires more people, then give us a new one every 2 or 3 months, not every 6 or 9, and I will be happy.

- Even more so with the raid finder now.

- With the raid finder the raid content is consumed nearly instantly.

- For a large amount of this instant gratification customer base that means that you are going to need to release a hell of a lot more content to keep them interested.

- Lets take for example the molten front dailies.

- Love them or hate them, if you wanted to open everything it took time.  You could not rush it.  It was how long it was, no matter what.

- That is content that took time to consume because you could not blow through it.

- DS in the LFR and MF dailies are, for this example, the same exact thing.  Content.

- People that play just to do everything would get a hell of a lot more entertainment and time spent in game out of the MF dailies then they did out of the DS raid.

- I doubt this was their intention.

- If they are going to let people burn through content with the LFR they need to release raids more often.

- Or better yet.

- Add one boss per week to the LFR, people would queue for each boss individually, or a random raid level boss.

- This means, at worst, it would have taken 8 weeks to consume the DS raid for the non raider.

- Add to that releasing new raids every 3 months, and you have a constant flow of content, even better if you make 12 boss raids.

- Now that.... is the future of wow in my eyes.

- But again, I am in the minority I am sure.

- I understand not catering to the minority.

- I just think 12 boss raids, every three months, one boss per week added to the LFR queue, and you would have the ultimate flow of forever new content being rolled out for the casual player which would never give them a reason to unsubscribe.

- Better then them subbing up once every 6 or 9 months to clear the current raid content in 1 day.

- Keeping something new rolling out every week is the future of MMORPGs.

- Now that is a design that would get the people that are complaining about WoW on rift back to WoW so they can complain there while paying a subscription.

- $$$, now we are talking in the only language that blizzard understands.

- Have a great day and see you next time for more rambling nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment