Monday, May 7, 2012

Monday Random Thoughts

- Another Monday and another new mount.

- Maybe I should change the title to Mount Mondays.

- Not a rare one this time, an achievement one.

- I finally finished Cataclysm hero.

- I assembled a group just for the purpose of helping me with headed south.

- I swear that one if the bane of hunters.

- All because of minimum range.

- So many things are going to change when minimum range is gone.

- I must say for soloing that there are so many times I wish minimum range was already gone.

- Sometimes it can be hell to get a boss off you because bosses can not be slowed.

- Just one shot with a misdirect is all I ask and when you need it most you can never get it.

- I soloed blackwing lair this weekend for the first time ever.

- All thanks to seeing a video of how to solo the unsoloable first boss.

- Died like 6 times trying to get the timing down but once I got it down the fight is not really even a fight.

- Then again, what do you expect for a level 60 raid.

- There were a few fun moments soloing that however.

- Running through the area where you are slowed was an effort in seeing how much you can deal with getting annoyed.

- That had to be the hardest part of the whole thing.

- And the last fight, if you never did it enough to know, bring extra bows.

- Otherwise it is going to be a very long fight.

- As weird as it might sound, I've always carried extra ranged weapons around.

- At least I do not need to carry two types of ammo any more.

- So many times I have broken my weapon and it is not do to lack of repairs.

- I never pass an option to repair.

- Just seems bows break often.

- Nef broke four bows on that fight.

- He has an ability that breaks a random classes weapon.

- When you are the only class there, it is not really random, your weapon will break.

- What are the odds I would have five on me?

- I had the one I was using, the one I had it transmogged into for fun, my old one from the TB dailies because it has no sell price and I did not feel like throwing it away, one green one I got while in there and the bow I got from deathwing in the raid finder.

- I needed them all.

- Good thing soloing it made me more than 2 grand.

- I spent over 100 in repairs, just for my bows.

- Talking about doing fun things I finally got my light of dawn too.

- Only managed to get 6 of 12 in 25 man heroic back in wrath.

- Only managed to get 3 more so far this expansion because apparently even over gearing it ICC it way to hard for the average player.

- Got sin and LK now, so only need 1 more on heroic to have them all on heroic.

- Still wiped about 6 times too.

- Oddly enough, not one of those wipes to defile.

- Sad part is that the group was 25 people that had all done heroic, all did it back when it was current, but all only did it on 10.

- Some did it on 25, but not many.

- So you had 25 people that all knew the fight, and we still wiped, over gearing it to an insane level and we still wiped.

- We could do deathwing normal while sleeping but we can not do something we hugely over gear as easily.

- I know you will say normal vs heroic but I would say 85 content vs 80 content.

- I wonder why people still say that wrath was easy mode.

- Check your numbers fanboys, LK was how fights are supposed to be.

- I want all last bosses to be like that.

- That and two lockout again.

- I want to tame a worgen on my hunter.

- I can tame a worg, so I should be able to tame a worgen.

- Speaking of worgen, have you noticed all the wrogen racism in the game?

- I was soloing Old Hillsbrad Foothills on my worgen rogue when I noticed it reach all new levels.

- You know that guy you talk to after you are done that will port you back to the entrance?

- Well, he took one look at me and said, no way I am porting you dog boy.

- I even switched to human form and tried.

- He hit me with a rolled up newspaper like I soiled the carpet or something.

- I was stuck hoofing it.

- He doesn't like worgen.

- That is not all even, worgen hate is all over the place in the game.

- People hate worgen, even Marrowgar in ICC won't spike one because he must think they are pets and he would never waste a bone spike on a pet.

- So why can't I tame one?

- Remember that short time when we could tame one?

- I never got one sadly.

- I had already done the quest.

- Wait, there is more.

- The path up to Azshara in Well, worgens can not use mount form, they need a real mount.

- More worgen hate.

- But wait, sometimes that worgen racism can be a good thing.

- I've soloed BC heroics on many characters, to grind rep, to make money, to look for patterns, etc.

- So I can say I have a fair deal of experience with them and enough of a test base to get a feel for drops and such.

- Gems that drop in the heroics are on a low drop rate scale right?

- When you solo things on your worgen, you will always get a gem, on every single boss.

- You know how on some rare, and I do mean very rare occasions, the bosses will drop two pieces of rare loot and the end bosses will drop two pieces of epic loot?

- When my worgen solos BC stuff every single boss not only drops a gem, they always drop two pieces of rare loot and end bosses always drop two rares and two epics.

- Yeap, worgens get extra loot when soloing BC content.

- I am not kidding.

- I've soloed BC heroics 100s of times and never seen drops like my worgen rogue gets.

- Every time there is a chance to get something, except mounts, my worgen gets it.

- A chance a gem will drop?  He gets a gem.

- A chance two rare loot pieces will drop?  He gets two.

- A chance two epic loot pieces will drop?  He gets two.

- Not once in a while, not more often than normal, nope, every single time.

- I guess it is the games way of making reparations for the racist treatment of worgen in old hillsbrad foothills?

- Now if only I can get that guy to give me a port back to the entrance.

- I wonder what other things there are that treat worgen differently.

- I am sure there have to be many I did not even notice.

- I know there are a few that I missed mentioning.

- I just want to tame one.

- A worgen warrior as my tank pet.

- A worgen rogue as my DPS pet.

- How about a worgen priest as a healing pet?

- Come to think of it, why aren't there any healing pets?

- Don't give me the spirit beasts argument either.

- You need to be lucky enough to catch one in a reasonable about of time or spend your life waiting to catch one, so that is not an option.

- Do you think it would be fair to tell a priest they have to be lucky enough to kill a mob that is a rare spawn that everyone wants before they can have their heal spells?

- No one else needs to get lucky or work to get their abilities, hunters shouldn't have to either.

- Not to mention, it only works in one spec.

- I want an atonement pet, like an atonement priest.

- Every time it does damage it heals itself or its master for damage equal to the attack.

- Now that would be an awesome freaking pet for soloing.

- It would also give hunters the holy trinity for itself.

- A tank pet, a DPS pet and a healer pet.

- Atonement pets now.

- Please, I've been a good hunter, can I have one for Christmas?

- I am out of here, time to go daydream of atonement pets.

- Have a great day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment