Friday, September 12, 2014

Pick a Tame, Any Tame

Every expansion that comes around there are always new tames for hunters to get and next expansion is no exception.  In warlords we will be getting 4 new families to choose from with the addition of riverbeasts, hydras, rylaks (BM only), and stags as well as a whole slew of new skins for existing families and even new designs for some of them.

Hunters are also lucky because with everyone talking about class quests and blizzard saying they are not going to do them or do them only extremely rarely, hunters do have a new class quest even if it does not appear in game as a class quest.  We will have a new spirit beast we can tame, Gara, which is not like the old style of camp it until your eyes bleed but a much better, in my opinion, design of a quest line to catch it.  Hello class quest.  I bet the support classes are feeling a little jealous now.

While each expansion brings us new pets, new skins and new adventures in taming there is a little something inside of all of us that always has that one dream tame.  The one we hope each and every expansion will be added to the new family list.

So what class of pet, or even what pet in particular, would you like to see added?

The answer to the question is a really easy one for me.  I want a pet bunny.  A cute little fluffy white hopping friend to run around with me everywhere I go.  But not just any cute little fluffy white hopping friend.  I want the darkmoon rabbit as my pet and I want him to have his ability, and the visuals that go with it, to remain his special ability when I tame him.

I want the rabbit of caerbannog as my pet.  Even if it is just some generic bunny I tame and not the darkmoon rabbit that is exactly what I would picture my dream tame as, the rabbit of caerbannog.

Lets face it folks, just like the knights in monty pythons holy grail who were scared for a moment when the unknown creature known as the black beast of aaarrrgggghhh who resides in the cave of caerbannog was described as a terrible monster with nasty big pointy teeth no longer feared it when they found out he was just a rabbit and they laughed off the story not fearing it thinking it was safe. Until the black beast killed them that is.  Now that is a cool pet and that is my dream tame.

Blizzard, I want my bunny.  I want my cute little fluffy white hopping friend with his nasty big pointy teeth.  Please.

12 comments:

  1. I've always liked the idea of class quests - even if they aren't ones I can do. I remember doing one to get the druid bear form.

    Hope you are able to get a nasty rabbit quest. Everyone will be rolling hunters for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hunters are very lucky in that way. We always get new tames and some with unique challenges, so it is like a class quest.

      Thanks to transmog I still rock out with my rhok out. As soon as I get a new weapon it instantly turns into the level 60 class quest weapon. It is the only one I use.

      Delete
  2. Stags were the tame I always wanted. Always, since the first time my first hunter went into Ashenvale. So I'm incredibly happy they finally got added. Now I just have the monumental task of deciding just which stags to tame. :D If I could tame bunnies I'd probably do that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many good stag skins, might be hard to choose. If you are into transmog however at least you know there will always be one to match your outfit.

      Delete
  3. please do tell me that this "class quest" doesn't require dungeons or lfr's or any of that sort.

    As far as killer bunny's yes, that would be cool, especially if one was to pvp, and it went flying from person to person ripping their bloody bastard heads clean oft.

    What I would like is a ferret. I love ferrets. Had them since 1994. 2, sometimes 3, but always 2. Miss Peachy and Mr Sweet Bob are now 5 and both have their health problems. but hopefully they will be with me for a few more years.

    But I do wish the hyena would be re-drawn and more dogs were added (sorry but the one dog model from the Worgen side is terrible old).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, just killing a lot of beasties in the world. :)

      Some more dog type models would be nice. There are so many different types of dogs in the world it is quite odd they have not added more over the years.

      Delete
  4. As much as I'm terrified of snakes in real life, I still want to tame one of those bamboo pythons in the Jade Forest.

    And Cracklefang, providing he still keeps the sword.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to test cracklefang tonight when I get home, if beta lets me on that is. I'll let you know.

      I've never been interested in a snake, even more so one like that. Too huge. I could see me pulling the entire dungeon with that long tail. And I do not want to be "that" hunter. lol

      Delete
  5. The way my luck runs if we could tame an awesome bunny they would give the dam rogues a holy hand grenade...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They most likely would.

      There was actually supposed to be a drop from the rabbit that was called that. Might still be able to find it in the data mining. It was never added to the game however.

      Delete
  6. I've always wanted snakes as pets. I'd never thought about having a rabbit. Now I can think of nothing else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to do that too you. But at least it is a cool thought to have stuck in your mind.

      Delete